Southern Highlands Arts Festival, November 2015, featuring the annual Southern Highlands Art Studio Trail…
…when artists open their studio doors and allow visitors inside to explore their creative habitats across the first two weekends of November, 2015.
Immerse yourself in the creative environment of the Southern Highlands, New South Wales and join us for the annual Arts Festival (SHAF) this November!
The Highlands is renowned for its strong community of artists, drawn to the area for the fresh air, natural beauty and lifestyle which provide the perfect environment to inspire creativity.
Once again the feature event of SHAF is the annual Southern Highlands Art Studio Trail, when artists open their studio doors and allow visitors inside to explore their creative habitats across the first two weekends of November.
This year 31 studio doors are opening for the Art Studio Trail, so visitors will be able to meet the artists, see their work in the place it was created and purchase directly from the studio door.
With most studios also featuring works of other local artists, there promises to be something for everyone.
Explore and enjoy the beauty of the Highlands and be prepared for an adventure as you travel on the back roads of the Shire from one Open Studio to another – from Balmoral Village to Alpine, Mittagong to Bowral, Moss Vale to Bundanoon and on to Wildes Meadow, Robertson, Kangaloon and Glenquarry!
Try something different at Festival Events through the whole month of November
- spend an afternoon visiting local art galleries or special exhibitions
- buy some art supplies and book into an art workshop
- attend a symphony orchestra or chamber music concert
- decide to make all your Christmas presents objects of art
- enjoy art and coffee in a local café
- reflect on the meaning of life at a poetry reading
- visit a local school and see the work of pint-sized photographers
- celebrate how art connects to nature at a national park
- see the work of graduates from a wood school
- enjoy regional wine and regional art and design in the one place.
Surround yourself with beauty and inspiration…